Mindfulness Courses & Training
The Mindfulness Clinic is committed to the promotion of wellbeing through the integration of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and the practice of Mindfulness. Our mission is to embody, guide and nurture mindful and compassionate living. We teach eight-week Mindfulness courses MBSR, MBCT and one-day workshops to individuals, mental health professionals, voluntary and community groups.
From Shame to Self-Worth – An eight-week online training for mental health professionals (12 hours)
1st September 2022 @ 8:00 pm - 2nd December 2023 @ 8:00 pm| €150
5th October 2020 – 30th November 2020 | 5pm – 6:30pm
Shame is perhaps the most powerful of all emotions. It is the root of both “the inner critic” and perfectionism. It binds with other emotions, such as anger, fear, sadness and guilt, so it is often difficult to detect. Revealing shame can itself be shameful. For many clients who don’t get better in therapy, shame – unacknowledged and not worked through is often a primary factor.
Given the challenges of shame, psychotherapists and mental health professionals need an orientation and capacity that is informed by a range of approaches that are integrative and psychoeducational including Psychodynamic, Gestalt, Mindfulness, CBT, Compassion-Focused, Attachment-focused, Schema Therapy and creative approaches.
This workshop will be an experiential as well as theoretically reflective exploration of shame and how best we can engage with this topic as therapists and counsellors.
- Learn to recognise shame in the therapeutic relationship and help your clients to work from shame to a deeper integration towards self-worth and self-compassion
- Exploring vulnerability, guilt, blame and the role of the inner critic
- Learn somatic, mindfulness, and self-compassion interventions including somatic processing and acceptance-based approaches
- Develop relational and clinical skills in treating shame
- Help clients to reduce negative thinking, rumination, perfectionism, reactivity and destructive behaviours
- Support your clients to overcome fears about failure, rejection, inadequacy and self-loathing
- Teach clients shame resiliency and emotional regulation with interventions based on self-empathy, forgiveness and compassion
- Integrate theory and neurobiological approaches for working through trauma and shame
Facilitator: Gerry Cunningham, MIAHIP, MIACP
Workshop includes notes and certificate and 12 hours CPD training.
Dates: 5, 12, 19, October, 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 November from 5pm to 6.30pm
Booking: mindfulnessclinic.ie | firstname.lastname@example.org | 087-7989 301
Mindfulness Training, or Mindfulness Courses, may not be considered suitable at this time for those affected with acute depression, active or recent substance alcohol or drug addictions (recommendation two years full sobriety for Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention), PTSD, Bi-polar disorder, current or past psychosis, significant long standing interpersonal difficulties, recent trauma or significant recent or unresolved loss.
The Mindfulness Clinic recommends organising a one-to-one consultation to see if this training is suitable for you at this time.
“Mindfulness is not the answer for all life’s problems. Rather it is that all life’s problems can be seen more clearly through the lens of a clear mind”. Jon Kabat-Zinn, pp. 25-26, 1991.
Acknowledgements for exclusion criteria: Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR): Standards of Practice, edited by Saki F. Santorelli, Centre for Mindfulness University of Massachusetts, Director of Stress Reduction Program, February, 2014.